Q5: How is extra support allocated to children and how do they progress in their learning?
- The school notional budget, received from Together For Children, includes resources for supporting children with SEND.
- The Head Teacher and SENDco decide upon the deployment of resources for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in consultation with the school governors, on the basis of needs in the school.
- The Head Teacher and the SENDco discuss all the information they have about SEND in the school, including: the children progress of children receiving intervention and targeting children for future intervention.
- The children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected and decide what resources/training and support is needed.
- The child’s view will be sought informally and for review meetings; this may not always be possible with very young children / children with delayed development.
- Schools identify the needs of their pupils on a school provision map which for SEND pupils identifies all resources/training and support are reviewed regularly and changes made as needed.