Welcome to Year One
Our Year One Team: Miss Forster, Mr McLaughlin, Miss Masters and Miss Pinkerton
- Children should come to school dressed in their PE kits every Monday (Please remove earrings at home on P.E. days).
- 1ZF and 1KM do Forest School on alternate Fridays. Please send your children into school dressed in suitable clothing on their Forest School day with a bag of spare clothes and wellies. Please remove all earrings.
- 1LM Forest School: 17/09/2021
- 1ZF Forest School: 24/09/2021
- It is essential that children wear long sleeves and trousers for Forest School sessions. No shorts and T-Shirts are allowed.
- Reading books will be given out in the coming weeks. Please ensure your child brings their book bag containing their reading book and tricky word pot to school every day. We will use these for important reading and word practise.
- In the warmer Summer months please apply sun cream to your child before they come into school each day. They may bring a sun hat or cap with them.
What are we learning about this term?
Please click each picture to enlarge.
Autumn 1: September - October
Music and Maths! - 13.9.21-17.9.21
Throughout the week year 1 worked very well on the challenges, particularly enjoying maths, where we looked at finding one more and one less of a given number.
On Friday, year 1 enjoyed listening to a variety of music. We know that music is important for our mental wellbeing and so we discussed how the song made us feel. Once we had chosen our favourite song, we each drew a picture that expressed how it made us feel.
A fantastic first week! - 6.9.21-10.9.21
1ZF and 1LM have had a great first week in year 1. We have had lots of fun exploring our new classroom and enjoyed being back with our friends. We are very excited for the year ahead and have already started completing some of our challenges.