At George Washington Primary School we have used the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that we provide to all of our children.
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sport and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport