Welcome to Reception
Our Reception Team: Mrs Martin, Mrs Scott, Miss Maher, Mrs McMann and Miss Pattison
- All reception children will have PE every Thursday morning. Please send your child into school wearing their PE kit every Thursday. Earrings must me removed at home.
- Each class will have forest school with Mrs Martin on alternate Friday's. Please send your children into school dressed in suitable clothing on their forest school day. This should be long sleeves and trousers, wellies and a water proof coat if possible. Earrings should also be removed at home when children are doing forest school.
- It is useful for children to have a bag of spare clothes, including underwear and socks to leave in school. We enjoy lots of messy and outdoor play in reception so children may need to change if they get dirty or wet.
- We will provide all children with a school book bag at the beginning of the year. Book bags should be brought to school every day along with their sound book, reading book and tricky word pot (when issued).
- Reading books will be collected in each Friday and a new book issued each Monday. Please remember to fill in your child's reading record each time you read at home.
The New Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum is the framework that sets out children’s learning and development from birth until the end of the Reception year. It gives children a broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
The EYFS covers seven areas of learning: Communication and Language; Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Physical Development; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
Please click on the links below to view key EYFS documents:
What are we learning about this half term?
Please click on each page to enlarge.
Reception had great fun retelling the story Rosie’s Walk. Watch the video below to see us retell the story using different actions.
Reception have had a very busy few weeks in the run up to Christmas. They have enjoyed making Christmas decorations, decorating the classroom, a visit to the farm, Christmas dinner and a fun filled Christmas party. Please see below for some photographs of the children enjoying some of their Christmas activities.
Reception Christmas Nativity 7.12.21
All of the children in reception took part in the 2021 Christmas Nativity. We are super proud of each and every one of them for the fantastic singing, speaking and acting. They all looked amazing in their costumes.
Spooky Halloween Day 22.10.21
National Fitness Day 22.9.21
Forest School 17.9.21
Mrs Martin's class had lots of fun outdoors for their first forest school session. We all had a great time exploring the forest school site, looking for bugs and playing in the willow tunnel.
We look forward to welcoming you in September